For Advanced Medical Acupuncture please click here – Advanced Medical Acupuncture
22nd & 23rd March 2018
Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) involves inserting fine needles for a therapeutic effect. Overall, it is an adaptation of the Chinese method just using modern up-to-date knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Medical Acupuncturists no longer conform to the notion of Ying and Yang. However, we do aim to create homeostasis within the body.
Throughout this course, reference is made to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as fundamentally the influence of Medical Acupuncture originates from this but TCM will not be taught.
Very useful course with enthusiastic tutors who are very helpful and patient, giving you the confidence to do well.
OMT Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) is designed for; Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists and any other soft tissue workers (please contact us for suitability if needed)
We will add a new skill of treatment to your highly skilled tool box.
You will leave this OMT Training course with a great knowledge of Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) and how it applies to your treatments.
This OMT Training CPD Course is designed to introduce participants to the use of Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) for the purpose of muscular pain relief. This course is not designed to treat pathological conditions as taught to TCM Acupuncturists.
The training will look at the most effective techniques taken from both Traditional Acupuncture and current Western Acupuncture, giving the students a sound background of knowledge and skill to fully use OMT Acupuncture techniques within their own practice.
This Course will give students the following:
- Safe, sound and effective background in the use of OMT Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling)
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture will be referenced by the lecturer but these will not be taught in depth
OMT Acupuncture will offer participants a fantastic new skill base with which they can use within their clinical practice
- Discuss scientific evidence for the use of Acupuncture techniques
- Discuss current research for the use of Acupuncture
- Relate the use of Acupuncture to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions
- Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use acupuncture techniques
- Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
- Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification
- The handbook and PowerPoints are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student’s backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
- Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course
Who is this course for?
• Osteopaths / Student Osteopaths
• Physiotherapists / Student Physiotherapists
• Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
• Sports Therapists / Student Sports Therapists
• Chiropractors / Student Chiropractors
• and other healthcare providers
Please note online qualification cannot be accepted as a manual therapy qualification for this course. We may request evidence of your qualification before accepting your booking onto the course. This will be in the form of an electronic copy of your certificates.
If you are unsure please contact a team member to verify your eligibility to join the course
Course details and Location:
22nd & 23rd March 2018
Medical Acupuncture – £300
Therapist Training Academy, Concord House, Washington, Tyne & Wear, NE37 2AS
£200 deposit payable on booking with the remaining balance of £100 to be paid on the first day of the course.
Payments made here are deposits and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The balance of payment is to be paid on course attendance
Payments made here are deposits and are non-refundable and non-transferable
Book & Pay For Medical Acupuncture Course
22nd & 23rd March 2018
Please feel free to contact us about any of the courses we run or would just like to have a chat about anything we can help you with. Our Course tutors are only a call away to offer any help and guidance they can so that you can get the treatment you need.
Concord House, Speculation Place, Washington, Tyne and Wear NE37 2AS, UK