23rd & 24th November 2017
For Advanced Spinal Manipulation please click here – Advanced Spinal Manipulation
Students who successfully complete the OMT Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation training course will be able to gain full insurance to use manipulative techniques within their own private practice.
This bespoke training course has been delivered and taught to therapists worldwide, with the OMT team, training prestigious organisations such as the medical teams at Liverpool FC and Manchester City FC.
All techniques covered in depth are routinely used by therapists such as, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and Physiotherapists and will allow you to add a whole new dimension to your current skill levels. Rest assured you will be confident from the moment you leave us to use all of the techniques.
Spinal manipulation has been proven to be highly effective in the treatment of many musculoskeletal conditions and is promoted by N.I.C.E the national institute of clinical excellence for the treatment of lower back pain.
If you wish to attend and are unsure if your current level of qualification would be accepted, please give one of the team a call and we can give you a decision via email or over the phone.
OMT Training will introduce the participants of OMT Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation into the theoretical and practical principals of using Manipulation techniques within a clinical setting for the treatment of a number of musculoskeletal conditions.
This Practical Training Course will give students the following:
• 16 hours of face to face teaching
• 16 hours pre-reading information
• Total time 32 hours CPD
• Continued assessment throughout the course
• 30-45 mins written competency test for all students
• Safe, sound and effective background in the use of OMT Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation
OMT Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation will offer participants a fantastic new skill base with which they can use within their clinical practice.
• Discuss scientific evidence for the use of manipulation techniques
• Discuss current research for the use of Manipulation
• Relate the use of Manipulation to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions
• Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use manipulation techniques
Spinal Manipulative techniques for the following spinal sections:
• Cervical Thoracic Junction (C7-T1)
• Thoracic Spine (T1-T12)
• Thoracic Lumbar Junction (T12-L1)
• Lumbar Spine (L1-S1)
Note – HVT to OA, AA, C1-C6 and SIJ are not covered over this four day spinal manipulation course. Techniques for cervical mobilisation and articulation along with active and passive examination for the cervical spine will be covered.
Who is this course for?
Sports Therapist/Student Sports Therapists
Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
Other healthcare providers
Please note online qualification cannot be accepted as a manual therapy qualification for this course. We may request evidence of your qualification before accepting your booking onto the course. This will be in the form of an electronic copy of your certificates.
If you are unsure please contact a team member to verify your eligibility to join the course.
Will I be able to gain insurance?
As an Allied health professional (Physiotherapist, Osteopath or Chiropractor) these skills should be automatically added to your current insurance to practice with no additional cost, but please check with your insurer.
Non-Allied health professionals such as Sports Therapists, Sports Massage Therapists and Manual Therapists from different backgrounds can still gain full public liability cover to use these techniques within their clinics. You may be required to take out an additional policy specifically for manipulative techniques and we work with a number of UK based insurers such as BGi.uk Insurance who can provide full cover (between £1million and £5million cover) for a minimum additional cost.
If you are a member of the FHT or a similar body you will be able to continue being a member and hold your insurance elsewhere.
• This course requires ALL students to receive and administer manipulation
• Students should NOT attend this course if there is any reason that prevents FULL participation
• This course is NOT suitable for participants who are pregnant
• Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
• Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification
• The handbook and PowerPoints are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student’s backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
• Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course.
Course details and Location:
Thursday 23rd & Friday 24th November 2017
Therapist Training Academy, Concord House, Concord, Washington, Tyne & Wear, NE37 2AS
Spinal Manipulation – £300
£200 deposit payable on booking with the remaining balance of £100 to be paid on the first day of the course.
Payments made here are deposits and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The balance of payment is to be paid on course attendance.
Non-Allied health professionals should check with their provider to ensure all additional techniques taught can be added to their existing insurance policy.
Payments made here are deposits and are non-refundable and non-transferable
Book & Pay For Spinal Manipulation Course
23rd & 24th November 2017
Please feel free to contact us about any of the courses we run or would just like to have a chat about anything we can help you with. Our Course tutors are only a call away to offer any help and guidance they can so that you can get the treatment you need.
Concord House, Speculation Place, Washington, Tyne and Wear NE37 2AS, UK